Re: E-M:/ RE: / Harding To Head EPA?--A horror story

Enviro-Mich message from Michael Carlson <mecec@home.com>

Our nation is a republic founded on a number of rights and principles enumerated
in the Constitution of the United States.  Very wisely, the electoral college
was developed so as not to give any one state control over the election process
(e.g., Florida).  Thus, elections for president and other elected offices in
this nation are based on votes cast by the electoral college, not the popular
vote as often is done in democratic countries sometimes with results about as
chaotic as those in Florida once Gore challenged the recount.

Michael Carlson