E-M:/ IRS, non-profits and internet

Enviro-Mich message from Terry Lodge <tjlodge50@yahoo.com>

   Eric, I suspect this is a right-wing planted rumor.
When I saw this same notice several weeks ago, I found
that there is no mention whatever of "Annoucement
2000-84"  at the IRS' website. The IndyMedia site
mentioned shows "error", and the Tech Journal citation
refers only to Dick Armey's website as the only source
of this. I don't know who "OMB Watch" is, but it
essentially reproduces the notice I found at Armey's
base, without citation anywhere else (and not to the
IRS website).

   I can find no mention of this First
Amendment-destroying "proposal" in any of the online
rightist literature (and I use the word loosely), such
as the Sierra Times.

   I believe "Announcement 2000-84" is a hoax,
calculated to keep the Patriots stoked.

                Terry Lodge