WHITMAN SEEN AS HEAD OF EPA

Date: 001219
From: http://www.mostnewyork.com/

By Thomas M. DeFrank, New York Daily News, December 19, 2000

  Washington - New Jersey Gov. Christie Whitman appears to have a lock
on a job in the George W. Bush administration as head of the
Environmental Protection Agency, a source said yesterday.
  While it was not clear whether Whitman was offered the post when she
met with Bush at the Madison Hotel yesterday, the job "was discussed
with a level of seriousness," the source said.
  Some Chamber of Commerce and business leaders have complained to the
Bushies that she was unfriendly to their interests.