Re: E-M:/ Only Michigan Appointees

Enviro-Mich message from Billy Stern <billysun@chorus.net>

Alex,

Please make it clear which copyrighted material you are referring to.
And please address what might appear to be a conflict in the rules of
this list.

On one hand, the rules state,
"Please do not post copyrighted information on Enviro-Mich.  You
can post an item which summarizes such information and gives
a URL location to inform others that such information exists."

On the other hand, earlier, the rules state
"Here are examples of the types of information appropriate for
dissemination on the ENVIRO-MICH Internet mailing list:

-    Copies of news and media stories on environmental and
      conservation issues in Michigan and news releases from
      citizen organizations."

I understand that want to avoid copyright infractions, but it is also
important to allow free speech under the first amendment for Sierra
Club members.  For instance, I provided a few short quotes from a new
article.  I am very clear that they is in no way a copyright
infringement, as long as these are properly cited.  Are these quote
what you were referring to in your note?