Re: E-M:/ Lagoons for human waste

Enviro-Mich message from "Bonnie Shupe" <BONNIES@cannontwp.org>

Sue -
We're dealing with this issue in Cannon Township right now.  I've been speaking with John Fiero, Manufactured Housing Program, DEQ, about coming to a Township Board meeting to discuss the approval process in manufactured housing.  I think the development proposed for Grattan Township (on our border) is also proposing a lagoon system.  Apparently, this is quite common!

Unfortunately, it appears you are a few steps ahead of where we're at with the process, so I don't have any advice for you, but keep in touch because you may be able to help us out.
Bonnie Shupe, Cannon Township Clerk/Watershed Administrator

>>> "Sue Kelly" <dsok1@ismi.net> 01/04/01 11:42AM >>>
Friends,
In Green Oak Township, Livingston County we are attempting to address a manufactured housing development's request to use lagoons to store human waste.   This sounds too weird to be a real request but it is and the DEQ is seriously considering it.

There is to be a public hearing on the ground water discharge permit connected with this plan on Jan. 11, 2001 at 7:30 pm at the South Lyon Middle School, 61526 None Mile Rd. (corner of Nine Mile and Pontiac Trail).  Please attend if you have any experience with this type of sewage system.

Any information on similar facilities or proposals would be extremely helpful.

Sincerely,
Sue Kelly
Crossroads Group Sierra Club

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=