E-M:/ Send a message to Toronto

Enviro-Mich message from Mary Beth Doyle <marybeth@ecocenter.org>

TELL TORONTO WE'RE NOT 'WELCOME HOSTS" FOR THEIR TRASH

Toronto press has repeatedly stated that Michigan welcomes the trash coming in from Toronto.  It's time to make sure that the people of Toronto know that this is an import that we don't want or need!

Join us at the Palace in Auburn Hills this Wednesday, Jan 10th, when the Detroit Pistons play the Toronto Raptors. We'll meet at 6:30 in front of the ticket office, then go about educating folks as they come in.  At 7:30, we'll head into the game with signs asking Toronto not to send us their trash but to recycle at home. The idea is to get some of the TV cameras to pick up on this and send the message directly back to Toronto sports fans.

You can get tickets for as little as $10 each. You can phone an order into the Palace at 1-248-377-0100.  Or get your tickets at the door, where you get 1/2 off with an AAA card. ($5 a ticket. What a deal!). We picked up some tickets for section 208, but having signs in other sections would be great, too.

If you can't make the game, why don't you contact Toronto Mayor Mel Lastman directly and register your complaint. His number is 416-395-6464 and his email is mayor_lastman@city.toronto.on.ca

Mary Beth Doyle, MPH
Environmental Health Project
Ecology Center