E-M:/ AAA meeting agenda

Enviro-Mich message from "Matthew R. Abel" <attorneyabel@mediaone.net>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Automobile Club of Michigan Annual Members' Meeting
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 22:49:37 -0500
From: "Matthew R. Abel" <attorneyabel@mediaone.net>
To: "Freud, Gloria" <GFreud@aaamichigan.com>

Dear Ms. Freud,

Thank you for the prompt response and the information.

It is not necessary to send me copies of the notices published in Michigan
Living, but I would appreciate receiving a copy of the bylaws.

Will there be an election of Directors next year, as well?

If I wished to circulate a petition, what provision is there allowing me access
to contact information of members, in order to do that?

Is there a limit on the length of time a petition may be circulated?

Perhaps the bylaws will answer these questions.

Has an outsider ever run for Director?

Thanks for your help.

Matt Abel

"Freud, Gloria" wrote:

> Recently, I received your request for a copy of the agenda for the upcoming
> Automobile Club of Michigan Annual Members' Meeting to be held at the
> Dearborn Inn on February 6, 2001.
>
> The agenda is not yet finalized, however, the only matter that will be
> presented for a membership vote at the meeting is the election of six
> incumbent directors whose terms of office expire at the meeting.  Each of
> these directors was nominated for re-election by the Club Nominating
> Committee appointed by the club's board of directors.  I am sending to you
> under separate cover copies of the notices that appeared in Michigan Living
> relative to the election process.
>
> In addition to the election of directors, the agenda will include opening
> remarks, introductions, comments from our chair and president, procedural
> reports and a question and answer period.  I do not expect any other items
> to be included on the agenda this year.
>
> You also inquired if director nominations may be made from the floor.  Our
> bylaws provide that individuals may be nominated for election as directors
> of the club either by the Club Nominating Committee, appointed by the club's
> board of directors, or by a petition process.  Petitions must be filed with
> the club's secretary not less than 60 days before the date of the meeting
> and must be signed by at least 200 club members in good standing.  We did
> not receive any nominating petitions from members this year and the deadline
> for filing these petitions has already passed.
>
> I trust this is responsive to your questions.  Please feel free to call me
> at (313) 336-1018 or contact me at gfreud@aaamichigan.com
> <mailto:gfreud@aaamichigan.com> if you would like any additional
> information.
>
> Thank you for your continued interest in our club.  I look forward to seeing
> you at the Annual Members' Meeting next month.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Gloria G. Freud
> Vice President, Assistant Secretary & Counsel
> Automobile Club of Michigan

-- Matthew R. Abel
attorneyabel@mediaone.net
ICQ Number 98431070