From: David & Joyce Petrakovitz [mailto:petroart@voyager.net]
Sent: Saturday 20 January 2001 08:34
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: E-M:/ Scrap tires should not be fuel!

Cadillac Area Citizens for Clean Air is an organization formed in August of 1998 in response to a DEQ Waste Management and Air Quality policy to promote burning scrap tires in Michigan as the main solution to disposing of the scrap tire stockpiles in the state.This policy is ill conceived and only risks trading a solid waste problem for air pollution in Northern michigan. For details on this important issue see our website at
http://users.michweb.net/~fsyoungman/
Joyce Petrakovitz
Coordinator