Re: E-M:/ Scrap tires should not be fuel!

Enviro-Mich message from "Matthew R. Abel" <attorneyabel@mediaone.net>

Someone recently posted about pelletizing old tires and using them in
asphalt paving.

How is it that we can put a man on the moon, but can't maintain I-94 or
I-75 without potholes?

Matt Abel

David & Joyce Petrakovitz wrote:

> Cadillac Area Citizens for Clean Air is an organization formed in
> August of 1998 in response to a DEQ Waste Management and Air Quality
> policy to promote burning scrap tires in Michigan as the main solution
> to disposing of the scrap tire stockpiles in the state.This policy is
> ill conceived and only risks trading a solid waste problem for air
> pollution in Northern michigan. For details on this important issue
> see our website athttp://users.michweb.net/~fsyoungman/Joyce
> PetrakovitzCoordinator

-- Matthew R. Abel
attorneyabel@mediaone.net