From: Geoffrey Habron
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 9:30 AM
Subject: E-M:/ Wisconsin buffer rules article

Enviro-Mich message from Geoffrey Habron <habrong@msu.edu>

Greetings!  Since non-point runoff has appeared as an issue on this list I
thought the following link describing Wisconsin's approach might be
interesting (from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).  :)

"The 500-page set of regulations is believed to be the first in the nation
to require naturally planted buffer zones to capture polluted runoff from
barnyards and farm fields as well as urban sources."

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/jan01/runoff23012201a.asp

Geoffrey Habron Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Department of Sociology
13 Natural Resources Building 316 Berkey Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824 East Lansing, MI 48824
517-432-8086 voice 517-355-6639 voice
517-432-1699 fax 517-432-2856 fax
habrong@msu.edu
http://www.msu.edu/~habrong