E-M:/ Fox Islands

Enviro-Mich message from "Upton, Brian" <BUPTON@mail.gtbindians.com>

More on the Fox Islands controversy: the February 1, 2001 edition of the
Leelanau Enterprise has a great article by Eric Carlson on the real story
behind the "donation" of North Fox Island by David Johnson to the State of
Michigan.  Attached is the hyperlink to the article.  In the actual
newspaper itself (but not currently on the Leelanau Enterprise's website)
are two related stories (including one on the local township's role in
approving the proposed road across critical dunes and plover/Pitcher's
thistle habitat on the south end of South Fox Island) and an editorial.  For
those of you able to get a copy of the Leelanau Enterprise, I recommend
reading this issue.  For anyone who is unable to access the newspaper,
contact me by email with your name and address and I will mail copies of the
articles/editorial to you.

http://www.leelanaunews.com/editorialread.lasso?recid=34473