E-M:/ SE Mich GreenWays Initiative kicks off

Enviro-Mich message from "Tom & Anne Woiwode" <woiwode@voyager.net>

Enviro-Michers:

> Imagine, within a decade, metro Detroit transformed into a region known as
> much for its natural landscape -- its riverfronts, parks, bike paths and
> greenbelts -- as for being a world-class industrial and auto center.
>
> That's the vision of an unprecedented private funding effort by the
> Community Foundation for Southeastern Michigan, a nonprofit organization
> that promotes community development in the arts, education, human services
> and culture.

These paragraphs lead off an article by Frank Provenzano in the Detroit Free
Press about the GreenWays Initiative, an extraordinary undertaking which my
spouse, Tom Woiwode, is heading up.  I urge those who didn't see the Free
Press today to pull up the stories and editorials below.  The editorial
includes "how to get involved"

http://www.freep.com/news/metro/green1_20010301.htm

http://www.freep.com/voices/editorials/egreen1_20010301.htm

AW