E-M:/ Are you sick of sprawl. Want to do something about it?

Are you:
   Mad because wetlands, farms , and open spaces are being paved over?
   Tired of traffic jams?
   Sick of huge potholes in the roadways?
   Fed up with waiting hours to catch a bus?
   Worried about farmland loss?
   Upset because of flooding in your community?

Then come on down to the University of Detroit Mercy Campus to form a coalition of people who want to stop sprawl. We will hear from leaders of a variety of groups (M.O.S.E.S., Detroiters Working for Env. Justice, Ecology Center,...) about sprawl.

We will then decide on what strategies to take to halt the problem of sprawl. Become part of the process to stop sprawl.

When:  March 24, 2001 from 10:00 until 4:00.
Where: UDM's McNichols (6 MI) and Livernois Campus - Student Union Ballroom

If you are a member of an environmental/conservation group, bring you literature as there will be display tables.

Sponsored by the University of Detroit Mercy Institute for Building Sustainable Communities and the Sierra Club. We will ask for a small donation to cover expenses and lunch.

Sprawl is ruining our community.

Call 734.737.4166 (weekdays) or 734.464.0076 (weekend days) for further information.

Bob Duda - Sierra Club