Re: E-M:/ LET'S TAKE BACK THE SKIES FROM THE WEATHERMEN!

At 01:42 PM 03/03/2001 -0500, you wrote:

2) If the Lansing Board of Water and Light was fined that day for
exceeding its permit on toxic releases, I'd inform folks that the Board
was the 16th (I'd double check the real number!) most polluting facility
in Michigan this year discharging (let's say) 400,000 tons of sulfur
dioxide into the community that year.

400,000 tons?  Way, way off!!  Even the largest SO2 source in the
state, the Detroit Edison Monroe Power Plant, did not discharge
this much in its high sulfur coal heydays.  (although it got close!!)

If you want real world
emissions information try:

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/aqd/AQDASP/era_unit/1998_MAERS_SOURCE_QUERY/1997_ei_query_1.asp

www.epa.gov/enviro