Re: E-M:/ U.S. Supreme Court Again Support Clean Air

Enviro-Mich message from David Wright <wrightd@voyager.net>

If all power plants operated at their theoretical maximum efficiency and if
all power plants burned the same fuel then in theory a limit on CO2 would
be a limit on fuel consumption.

All power plants do not operate at their maximum theoretical efficiency and
depending on the age, technology, maintenance, controls, and other design
and operating constraints produce more or less CO2 per heat input or
electricity produced.

While I cannot speak for Administrator Whitman, developing performance
standards for power plants is one way to achieve reductions in CO2 emissions.

David Wright
Energy Subcommittee Chair
Mackinac Chapter, Sierra Club