E-M:/ "Wobbly" poem by the MOBBED environmentalist

Enviro-Mich message from "joonmck" <joonmck@gateway.net>

Dear EMers,

I just received this poem from the MOBBED environmentalist. He's the person
who works at a local public health department in Mid-Michigan who has
suffered great amounts of emotional abuse. He discovered that there are 3
others in his organization who have been similarly treated and this has
given him great comfort. He is actively working with his union to educate
them
on the phenomenon of MOBBING.

He wants you to know that he is absolutely shocked
to see that some professors from Urban Affairs and Resource Development at
MSU have turned a blind eye to these goings on. He is shocked because
these individuals have little to lose for speaking up (i.e. their jobs are
protected). The MOBBED environmentalist now has a greater understanding of
how fascist societies come to power: supposedly GOOD people do Nothing.

Here is his poem. He calls it "Wobbly."

Wobbly

I just can't stand the shunning, screaming, blaming, lies, distortions, and
slander anymore.

No, I'm not going to kill you.

I just can't stand the physical harassment, insults, punishments,
suspensions and Big Brother monitoring anymore.

No, my independent thoughts won't harm you.

I just can't stand your laughing while I'm suffering anymore.

Because I'm hurting.

I just can't stand all the new diseases and illnesses that I've become
acquainted with at this public health job anymore: the hypertension,
irritable bowel syndrome, clinical depression, huge weight gain, sleepless
nights, nightmares, headaches, memory lapses, shakes and fear that my cancer
may return. And now my wife is seriously ill.

No, I'm not making it up.

I just can't stand your careless competitiveness, ME-FIRSTISM, collaboration
with the aggressor, and lack of solidarity anymore.

They say this is a union shop, but it looks like Wall Street to me.

And I just can't stand the betrayals anymore. I  think I've lost count of
how many of you once shared a laugh with me.

And to think I once trusted you.

I can't stand the bosses' suppression of my work anymore. And I can't stand
their threats: the threat that we'll make your life miserable; the threat
that we'll turn everything you say and do against you (like this poem
perhaps?); and the threat that we'll put you and your family out on the
street if I don't stop expressing myself.

Gotta-stop gotta stop gotta stop, say the Gestapo

In sum, I can't stand your meanness.

I just can't stand it.

Does anybody know what Solidarity means anymore?

The MOBBED environmentalist wants you to know that if any of you find the
courage to speak out, his life will be much easier.

In Solidarity,

Brian McKenna, Ph.D.
Environmentalist,
Anthropologist &