From: "Richard H. and Elsie Freye" <rhfreye@wmis.net>
To: "wmeac water2" <wmeacwater2@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Sludge
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:45:45 -0500

  Thank you for the information about how to find out about questionable
soil.
Following is a letter I sent Aretta Schils. My concern, some years ago, was
various soils, clay, etc, being used to cover dune sand where condos &
marinas were being built by developers on private property directly
bordering water connected to Lake Michigan. Also "The City" or a contractor
was spraying soil supposedly seeded with grass seed where roadside work had
been done but all that grew was ragweed. I still do not know of any
regulations preventing contaminated soil ( not only sludge ) from being
deposited as "fertilizer" or topsoil. Do you?