E-M:/ weenie awards

Enviro-Mich message from Citizens Environment Alliance <cea@mnsi.net>

Public Notice

It's Almost Time for Weenie 2001!

Windsor, Ontario - We here at the Citizens Environment Alliance (CEA) are
gearing up for our annual awards party on Thursday, April 26, 2001. The
Weenies are our chance to recognize the person, corporation, or agency that
has achieved new lows in their contribution to environmental degradation or
bureaucratic bungling in southwestern Ontario and southeast Michigan. Past
weenies include:

Golf Course Developer - Don Hearn Ontario Premier Mike Harris & Michigan
Governor John Engler Zalev Brothers Ltd. Sarnia's Chemical Producers
Ontario Hydro Former Detroit Mayor Coleman A. Young & the Detroit Incinerator

The CEA wants you to participate in the weenie process. Please email us to
tell us who you think should be the Weenie for 2001 and why. We'll read and
evaluate all submissions and consider them when we draft our own list of
nominees. The CEA will announce the official weenie nominees April 16, 2001.

Nominate this year's enviro-achievers!

The Weenie Awards have also been a time to celebrate positive contributions
made by people or organizations in our communities. The CEA invites you to
help us choose this year's enviro-achievers by emailing nominations to us.
Include why you believe your nominee deserves to be recognized for positive
contributions made to our communities. Nominees for life-long commitments
to the environment are also welcomed. The CEA will not release a
nominations list, rather we will present the enviro-achiever awards at the
Weenie Awards on April 26, 2001.

The Weenies will begin at 8pm on Thursday, April 26, 2001 at the Press Club
of Windsor, 63 Riverside Drive East, Windsor.

For further information contact, Shawn Hupka at the Citizens Environment
Alliance, 519-973-1116

Citizens Environment Alliance of southwestern Ontario and southeast Michigan
P.O. Box 548, Windsor, Ontario,  N9A 6M6, Canada
phone: (519) 973-1116 -- fax: (519) 973-8360

http://www.mnsi.net/~cea/

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=