E-M:/ the Michigan Interfaith Coalition for Creation

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

The Michigan Interfaith Coalition for Creation is pleased to announce that it
will soon be opening an office in Freeland, near Saginaw.  The organization
operates as a statewide, religious non-profit, dedicated to promoting a
faith-based response to environmental concerns.

The mission of MICC is the calling of the religious community to embrace the
care of Creation as an integral part of faith and practice.  In serving that
purpose, we provide information and resources on caring for the Earth from
the perspectives of the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim faiths.  We provide
speakers and information on events, and we work to foster networking between
individuals, groups, and organizations similarly concerned about the
environment.

MICC is also the organizational home for the Michigan Interfaith Global
Warming Campaign, as one of 18 states nationwide engaged on this crucial
issue.  Through this effort we provide faith-based educational resources on
climate change, including a bible study, worship bulletin inserts, energy
efficiency information, and email alerts and news.

Ways to participate:
- add your name to our postal mailing list for news of events, etc.
- add your name to our global warming alerts email list
- take part in legislator meetings on land use and other issues
- network with us through your organization or faith group to share
  information and news of events
- sign up for our speakers bureau

We also currently have available a (Christian) free worship / liturgical
resource to be used in conjunction with Earth Day or a "Creation Care" Sunday.

Contact person :
Kim Winchell, Director           kwinch5940@aol.com
398 S. Main St. #4
Freeland, MI  48623