E-M:/ Detroit News Ferndale oppposes I-94

Today ( March 30, 2001)  the Detroit News, Oakland County section discusses Ferndale's opposition to the I-94 mega-expansion and its call for us to take a regional perspective that integrates transit and roads.

http://www.detnews.com/2001/oakland/0103/30/d04-205855.htm

It's time to engage your community groups and faith-based organizations in the discussion of how we will invest our limited infrastructure resources.
We should expect the road building and trucking lobbies to take advantage of the extended comment period as well.
Karen D. Kendrick-Hands, President
Transportation Riders United
1067 Devonshire Road
Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
313.885.7588, fax 313.885.7883
kdkhands@voyager.net
Check out TRU's web page at http://www.marp.org/tru.htm
Try the Motranzit site, too - http://www.hometown.aol.com/motranzit
Also check out www.transitdetroit.freeservers.com &
http://www.detroitmasstransit.com/
If you don't ask the right questions, you will never get to the right answers . . .