E-M:/ MDNR vs. Deer Lake

Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 12:24:11 -0400
Subject: Please Help Deer Lake: Stop the Permit
From: " Don Snitgen" <dsnitgen@tds.net>
To: Enviro Mich <enviro-mich@great-lakes.net>

Dear Friends of Deer Lake,

The MDNR has submitted (2/13/01) an application to the DEQ requesting a
permit to dredge a  wetland on the east end of Deer Lake in Alger County in
order to construct a boat launch.
It is the immediate objective of the Citizens to Save Deer Lake Coalition to
obtain a public hearing on the permit application.  Requests for a public
hearing are to be made to Joan Duncan, DEQ, Neqaunee, MI.
I have put together a guide on how to obtain a copy of the permit, and how
to request a public hearing from Ms. Duncan which you will find on our web
site.
I have placed summaries of data on outboard motors and exotic species on the
site.  You will find plenty of other reasons why there should be no boat
launch on Deer Lake, also.

Please visit our web site:
http://members.nbci.com/SaveDeer/index.htm

Thank you once again for your help.