E-M:/ April 24 deadline, Deer Lake WEtland Dredging

Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 08:36:06 -0400
Subject: April 24 DEADLINE to request public hearing
From: " Don Snitgen" <dsnitgen@tds.net>
To: Mary Snitgen <dsnitgen@tds.net>

Dear Friends of Deer Lake,

The deadline for submitting comments and requesting a public hearing is
April 24!!!!

The application isn't much different from the engineering map that was
inserted in the March-April Deer Lake Journal.  Concentrate on the dredging
itself; that it will be in a wetland.  And into the lake.
Please get those letters to Joan Duncan, (refer to File No: 01-02-0003-P,
Permit application by the MDNR to the MDEQ for dredging in Deer Lake)
Department of Environmental Quality, 184 U.S. 41 East, Negaunee, MI 49866.

Request two things:  That Ms. Duncan deny the permit because of the
ecological damage to the wetland ecosystem on the east end of Deer Lake;
and, that a public hearing be held in order to provide an opportunity for
the community to comment and make recommendations on the permit application.

List your concerns for collateral damage resulting from the permit being
approved.  There are plenty of reasons listed on our web site.
<http://members.nbci.com/SaveDeer/index.htm>

I will let you know as soon as I draft my own letter to Joan Duncan, and I
will make a copy available via the web site or by email if you request it.

Please forward this letter to all persons you think can help.

Please, write it now.  The deadline for any comment is April 24!

Please help save this beautiful little patch of Earth!  It would be a nice
Earth Day present to know hundreds of citizens have requested a public
hearing because they are opposed to dredging Deer Lake!

Thanks again,
Don Snitgen

Please visit our web site:
http://members.nbci.com/SaveDeer/index.htm

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)