E-M:/ Harding in the news again!

Enviro-Mich message from Mary Beth Doyle <marybeth@ecocenter.org>

As keynote speaker at yesterday's Southern Wayne County Chamber of Commerce
luncheon, Russ Harding accused environmentalists of being 'schizophrenic'
and is quoted in today's Detroit News saying  'In my 25 years of doing
this, I've never seen so much NIMBY-ism in my life.'
http://detnews.com/2001/wayne/0104/17/d03-213282.htm

But it's not NIMBY-ism at work here.  Michigan has a new
syndrome--NIMBS--Not In My Beautiful State!   Please join us tomorrow at
the Earth Day With an Attitude event in Lansing!  If you were wondering
whether or not to make the trip, please read the Detroit News article, or
Harding's recent interview in the Downriver News Herald.
http://www.thenewsherald.com/news/N04IHM7.asp?ID=181

EARTH DAY WITH AN ATTITUDE !!!!

WHAT: A public forum and rally in Lansing
WHEN: Thursday, April 19, 11 am
WHERE:  Central United Methodist Church, 215 N. Capitol
	(directly North of the State Capitol)
The rally follows on the Capitol Steps at 1 pm, with speakers and 3 live bands.

This is a chance for the PEOPLE to be heard!

Mary Beth Doyle, MPH
Environmental Health Project
Ecology Center
117 N. Division