E-M:/ South Fox Island

Enviro-Mich message from "Upton, Brian" <BUPTON@mail.gtbindians.com>

A little late, but I don't believe anyone else has posted these Traverse
City Record-Eagle articles (from April 8, 2001) on the South Fox Island
controversies.  The Record-Eagle had a number of articles on the South Fox
issues in its April 8th edition (South Fox was the front page story), but
only the following two stories made it to the website.  One of the articles
(which didn't make it online) was devoted to the piping plover issues
involved in the controversial land exchange proposal.  If anyone is
interested in getting copies of the other articles, let me know.  In the
meantime, FYI:

"South Fox controversies stumble on" article:
http://www.record-eagle.com/2001/apr/08sfox2.htm

"Island a backdrop for political disputes" article:
http://www.record-eagle.com/2001/apr/08sfoxt.htm