E-M:/ FW: Lake Superior Basin electronic survey, ends April 20th!

Enviro-Mich message from "Eric Uram" <eric.uram@sierraclub.org>

Subject: Lake Superior Basin electronic survey,
ends April 20th!

Good morning!  I wanted to encourage you to
participate in the Lake
Superior Basin electronic survey if you have not
already done so.  The
survey will only be available until Friday, April
20, 2001.

Please feel free to forward this message.
------------------------
Hi --

We realize you are extremely busy keeping up with
the day-to-day demands of
life.  Most of us know all too well how difficult
it is to juggle work with
family obligations, social commitments, and civic
responsibilities.
However, we also know that the quality of life we
enjoy hinges upon our
success and participation in all of these
important areas.  Because Earth
Day is close at hand, we would like to ask you to
exercise a bit of your
civic responsibility by participating in a short
survey about water quality
and environmental issues in Minnesota's Lake
Superior Basin.  The survey
takes about five minutes to complete and can be
found on the Minnesota
Pollution Control Agency web site at:
http://www.pca.state.mn.us/water/basins/superior/l
s-survey.html.  The
survey will be available on-line from Friday,
April 6th through Friday,
April 20th, 2001.  We would also like to encourage
you to circulate this
notice to friends, family, and others who may have
an interest in this
important topic.

This short electronic survey is a follow-up to a
series of eight live
audience polls conducted from January 24th through
February 14th, 2001 in
the Minnesota portion of the Lake Superior Basin.
Surveys were conducted
in the cities of Duluth, Two Harbors, Mountain
Iron, and Cloquet,
Minnesota.   The results from the initial sessions
and this on-line survey
will be tabulated and used to help inform and
provide guidance for the
development of the Lake Superior Basin Plan.  The
Lake Superior Basin Plan
is part of an effort by the Minnesota Pollution
Control Agency and its
local, state, and federal partners to develop a
watershed based plan for
the approximately 6200 square mile drainage area
that makes up Minnesota's
portion of the Lake Superior Basin.  Lake Superior
is one of nine basin
plans under development in the State of Minnesota.
The intent of these
plans is to build upon and coordinate with local
water plans, land use
plans, and broader initiatives like Watermarks
2000-2010 and the Lake
Superior Lakewide Management Plan.  The Coastal
Nonpoint Program is also a
companion program to the Lake Superior Basin Plan
and will serve as the
foundation in the plan for strategies to control
polluted runoff.

Thank you for your participation!  We encourage
you to visit our web site
in the future if you wish to review the survey
results or progress to date.

Sincerely,

Brian Fredrickson
Lake Superior Basin Coordinator