E-M:/ SE MI Sierrans - Meet your Rep

Enviro-Mich message from Timothy Killeen <timk@bikerider.com>

Fellow Sierrans,

If you live in Sen. Gary Peters district (Senate 14th) this is a reminder
for you. This Saturday we are holding a "Meet Your Rep" event with him at a
members home in Pontiac. It will be from 7-9 p.m. at 104 E. Iroquois. This
is just south of M-59 (W.Huron) and just east of Telegraph. If you can come,
please call Linda at 248.335.3215.
This is the first of several of these events we will have through the year.
The idea is to put Club members directly in contact with their elected reps
so they can hear what is on our environmental minds. It is simple to host
one of these. All you have to do is say you want to. If you know your rep
you coulsd call and set up the date. A mailing will go out to Club members
in the district inviting them to come. We will pass the hat at these events
to defray costs.
We hope that these events will help raise the importance of citizen concerns
regarding the environment with our reps. We do not have hired suits visiting
Lansing offices every day promoting our viewpoint. These local meetings are
an exercise in democracy that should help our reps be more supportive of the
environment.
If you can host one of these, please drop me an e-mail.

Tim Killeen
Chair - Political Comm.
SE Michigan Group

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com