E-M:/ May 19 - Muskegon River Cleanup

Enviro-Mich message from KaraJMcC@aol.com

Join us on May 19, 2001 for the MUSKEGON RIVER CLEANUP

WHAT: Muskegon River Cleanup and Picnic

WHERE: Between Croton Dam and Newaygo - Newaygo County

WHEN: Saturday, May 19, 2001, starting at 9:00 a.m.

HOW ARE WE GOING TO DO IT?
We’ve divided the river into seven stretches (approximately two miles each). Each section will have a team leader to coordinate cleanup in that two miles. If you’d like to volunteer, please call Brooks Township at 652-6763 ext. 26 and we’ll set you up with a team. On the day of the cleanup, you’ll meet your team at a designated site at 9:00 a.m. Team leaders will have all the necessary materials. Volunteers will float down the river in their designated stretch and pick
up trash along the way (Wisner’s Canoe Livery will have some canoes and boats available for those who need them). When we’re done, we’ll have a
"Thank You" picnic (free food for all those who volunteer) at Henning Park in Newaygo.

WHAT DO WE NEED?
Volunteers (Children 16 and under must be accompanied by adult)

People with trucks/trailers to pick up and transport trash following the cleanup/picnic

Cell phones for each team - if you have one please bring it in case of emergency

Please call Kara McCrimmon, 231-652-6763 ext. 26, for more information or to volunteer.