E-M:/ Why won't conservation work?

Enviro-Mich message from David Wright <wrightd@voyager.net>

Yesterday VP Cheney spoke in Toronto about how America needs to sprout one
power plant a week for the next twenty years, drill in every patch of
ground that can support a drilling rig, move to more nukes, and expand the
grid to meet our energy needs.

Energy needs can also be met by reducing demand.  Check out the following

ENERGY TIDBITS - May 2001

How We Saved 50% Seminar will be held on Thursday, May 17, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00
noon at Urban Options in E. Lansing. Dave Konkle will discuss how a variety
of
measures were used to reduce the energy usage of Ann Arbor City Hall by 50%.

Energy saving measures included building controls, lighting retrofits, and
natural gas
cooling. The seminar fee is $25. For further information, contact me at
517/241-6280
or john.h.sarver@cis.state.mi.us.