E-M:/ Turkey fryer oil disposal

Enviro-Mich message from "Lori Thomas" <lthomas@ci.lansing.mi.us>

There are a number of people calling recycling and solid waste hotlines in our community wondering what do to with the oil that is leftover from turkey fryers.  Typically, there is between 15-30 gallons of oil per individual that needs to be disposed of.

We have been encouraging individuals to contact restaurants who may save their leftover oil for sale to a rendering plant, but would like to offer another option.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Lori Thomas
City of Lansing
Waste Reduction Services