Re: RE: E-M:/ Benzonia: Worst air quality in the US on Monday

At 05:47 PM 05/03/2001 -0400, you wrote:

As far as last Monday's smog episode, I'll stand on my statement
that the data showed that Benzonia on that day was the only site
in the United States (for which monitor data is available at www.epa.gov/airnow) that showed an excursion over the health standards.

MDEQ now reports that the Benzonia monitor was reading 5 ppb high....
...something similar happened at the Detroit monitor in the past....
Therefor the likely results of the recent "uptick" in ozone is that
last Monday's results monitored results will go from just above
the 85 ppb level of the standard to just below...a "near miss"

Alex J. Sagady & Associates        Email:  ajs@sagady.com

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)