E-M:/ Perrier says Michigan proposal will likely be successful

Enviro-Mich message from "Andrew Guy" <andy@mlui.org>

Folks:

Below please find a link to an article that recently appeared in the
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

One quote of particular interest: "We're probably going to be successful in
Michigan. We may never be in Wisconsin," Kim Jeffery, the president of the
Perrier Group of America, the nation's leading water bottler.

Perrier's facilities, proposed for either Mecosta or Osceola counties in
northern Michigan, would draw 500 gallons per minute (perhaps more) of
groundwater that naturally flows through the heart of the Muskegon River
watershed. The company would consume, for free, more groundwater than any
other such bottling facility in the state.

On May 16, at 6 pm, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality will
hold the first public hearing on the proposal for Mecosta County at the
Holiday Inn in Big Rapids.

The Perrier Group of America will also hold an informational meeting for the
public from 4:30 - 5:30 in the hotel.

 http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/may01/perrier03050201a.asp

Andy Guy
Michigan Land Use Institute