E-M:/ Children of Mother Earth

Have you ever heard about the largest garbage dump in the world, catches fire a couple times a year, or it collapses - each time killing children and their parents.  It's called Smokey Mountain and its in metro Manila, Philippines.

The Children of Mother Earth and Fr. Benigno Beltran have been in the Detroit area presenting their interesting song and dance program that deals with the environment and its real threat to them - they live at the dump.  They also present the history of the Philippines.  They have a unique piece that presents the death and dying of a river and the people that use it, caused by pollution.

Their last performance in Michigan will be tonight.  This is primarily a dinner and presentation for major benefactors.  Those people that sponsored the program, or that have contributed $250 to sponsor one child's education for one year.

If you would like to see this unique presentation please join us for the Final Presentation and a send-off reception for the Children of Mother Earth today at the ECHO CAMP AND CONFERENCE CENTER today.

The dinner starts at 5:00 P.M. and the final presentation(dances) at 7:00 P.M.  Bring everyone. This is a FREE DINNER and FREE FULL Presentation .

The directions of the ECHO GROVE CAMP  is as follows:

>From northbound I-75, exit ROCHESTER ROAD (#67). TURN RIGHT AND CONTINUE ON
ROCHESTER ROAD NORTH UNTIL COME TO STOP SIGN IN COUNTRY. TURN RIGHT
(CONTINUANCE OF ROOCHESTER ROAD. TURN LEFT ON ARMY ROAD (DIRT ROAD). FOLLOW
ARMY ROAD UNTIL YOU SEE ECHO GROVE CAMP SIGN. TURN LEFT-GO THROUGH THE GATE.

OR

1-75 NORTH TO EXIT  #81(OXFORD, LAKE ORION) GO NORTH ON m-24. AT STOPLIGHT IN
TOWN OF OXFORD TURN RIGHT ONTO EAST BURDICK. AT FOUR WAY STOP CONTINUE
STRAIGHT. TURNS INTO LAKEVILLE ROAD. APPROXIMATELY 5 MILES TURN LEFT ON
CURTIS ROAD. GO TO ARMY ROAD TURN RIGHT. GO TO CAMP ROAD TURN RIGHT AND GO
STRAIGHT THROUGH THE GATE.

If you get lost you can call our cell phone 248-755-6055 or 248-388-1151.

If you can't make this event you might want to let your friends in Seattle and LA know about this group.  They will be performing May 25 - May 30 in the Seattle area, and June 1 - 6 in the LA area.  This is a group of young people not to be missed.  They have a full 2 hour program with excellent choreography that presents the major dances of the Philippines tracing history.  Its a quick moving program.  Your eyes will tear.  You will see representatives of the poorest of the poor, and their outstanding work.
Jeff Jenks, C.T.C. - Owner/Manager - TRAVEL IS FUN    E-mail: travelisfun@mich.com
Phone:  800 941-0049   Fax: 248 398-7859   Website: http://www.mich.com/~travelisfun

Interested in a special fare to Asia, Europe, the Caribbean, Central or South America?
E-mail me travelers passport names, ages, dates of travel, city begin in, city going to, and
a home phone number.  Follow it up with a call.  Call me or visit our website for cruise and tour specials.