E-M:/ Minergy sludge incinerator in SW Detroit

Enviro-Mich message from RobC313@aol.com

I just got out of a rather one sided meeting with TOSC representatives about
the new Minergy sludge incinerator to be build near the old wastewater
treatment plant near Zug Island-Del Ray in South West Detroit.  The permit
application will be available on Tuesday, May 29th and and after a 30 day
comment period the Public hearing is scheduled for June 28th.  I was not able
to get any of the permit details but the generalities looked bad. Also  As I
understand the DEQ will NOT be posting the entire application on the web.

Is anyone out there up to speed on this. I have a bit of information (mostly
bad) and some community contacts but havent heard of anybody taking a lead on
this. I will be glad to do whatever possible but there isn't much time.

I will be writing to ask for an extension to the comment period and would
like others to do so as well.  Let me know if your interested.

Rob Cedar
HEAT- Hamtramck Environmental Action Team