E-M:/ Sewer Sludge Incinerator Permit Comments

Enviro-Mich message from RobC313@aol.com

The Minergy Permit Documents are available on the MDEQ website at:

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/aqd/permits/cwerp.html

Comment Period; May 29th to June 29th
Public Hearing: June 29th. The Friday Before the July 4th Holiday!

They call them municipal wastewater solids.
We call it SEWER SLUDGE !

They call it a glass aggregate facility.
We call it a SLUDGE INCINERATOR!

They said it would replace the old sludge incinerator.
We say the old incinerator will continue operation!

They said it would reduce toxins by 90%.
We say it would add toxins to an already over exposed community!

We know that if Minergy builds this sludge incinerator they will be allowed
to import sludge from out of state and from out of the country.

We need to tell them that we do not want Wayne County to become the Midwest
or Great Lake's dumping ground.

They are holding a public hearing for all interested parties.
We had better tell them we're very interested!

They are allowing a 30-day comment period before issuing the permit
We need to study the permit draft and tell them what we think.

If you or your organization is interested in becoming active in this
important Issue please reply and perhaps we can coordinate our efforts

Thank you for your interest,
Rob Cedar
HEAT- Human Environmental Action Team
AKA