From: Eric Hielema [mailto:EHIELEMA@ci.lacey.wa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 2:07 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: FW: Bill Moyers

 Subject: FW: Upcoming Bill Moyers environmental broadcast id::80260

> FYI
>
> Good afternoon.  I want to share with you some information about an
upcoming
> television broadcast that my organization, the World Resources Institute,
is
> collaborating on with acclaimed journalist Bill Moyers.  I also want to
seek
> your assistance in helping to spread the word about this powerful and
> inspiring environmental program and related educational websites.
>
> Bill Moyers Reports: Earth on Edge is the latest in a series of Moyers'
> broadcasts with an environmental focus.  It will showcase new data
depicting
> the scale of human impact on the planet's life-support systems and explore
> one of the most important questions of the new century: What is happening
> Earth's capacity to support nature and civilization?  The film brings to
> life many of the findings in WRI's report "World Resources 2000-2001:
People
> and Ecosystems:  The Fraying Web of Life."
>
> The two-hour broadcast will premiere across the nation on PBS on Tuesday,
> June 19, 2001 at 8pm (check local listings).
>
> The broadcast will be augmented by an extensive educational website
> providing in-depth information about ecosystems as well as updates on
their
> status and information about how concerned citizens can take action.  The
> website, www.pbs.org/earthonedge <http://www.pbs.org/earthonedge> , will
debut on June 12.  A preview site
is

<mailto:eeaw@mail.edgateway.net>  .
> This is the EdGateway email address for EEAW's Washington State EE
> Listservice.
>
> To remove yourself from this group, reply to this message with the word
> unsubscribe
> placed in the SUBJECT LINE of the email address.

Please note this email is considered a public document, subject to
disclosure.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0E926.EE9587E0

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<P><FONT color=#000000 face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;</FONT></P>
<DIV><SPAN class=831204616-30052001><FONT color=#0000ff
face=Garamond>&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN>Subject: FW: Upcoming Bill Moyers
environmental broadcast id::80260<BR><BR><BR>&gt; FYI<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Good
afternoon.&nbsp; I want to share with you some information about
an<BR>upcoming<BR>&gt; television broadcast that my organization, the World
Resources Institute,<BR>is<BR>&gt; collaborating on with acclaimed journalist
Bill Moyers.&nbsp; I also want to<BR>seek<BR>&gt; your assistance in helping to
spread the word about this powerful and<BR>&gt; inspiring environmental program
and related educational websites.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Bill Moyers Reports: Earth on
Edge is the latest in a series of Moyers'<BR>&gt; broadcasts with an
environmental focus.&nbsp; It will showcase new data<BR>depicting<BR>&gt; the
scale of human impact on the planet's life-support systems and explore<BR>&gt;
one of the most important questions of the new century: What is
happening<BR>to<BR>&gt; Earth's capacity to support nature and
civilization?&nbsp; The film brings to<BR>&gt; life many of the findings in
WRI's report "World Resources 2000-2001:<BR>People<BR>&gt; and Ecosystems:&nbsp;
The Fraying Web of Life."<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; The two-hour broadcast will premiere
across the nation on PBS on Tuesday,<BR>&gt; June 19, 2001 at 8pm (check local
listings).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; The broadcast will be augmented by an extensive
educational website<BR>&gt; providing in-depth information about ecosystems as
well as updates on<BR>their<BR>&gt; status and information about how concerned
citizens can take action.&nbsp; The<BR>&gt; website, <A
href="http://www.pbs.org/earthonedge">www.pbs.org/earthonedge</A>, will debut on
June 12.&nbsp; A preview site<BR>is<BR>&gt; up now. In addition, WRI will be
launching EarthTrends, an informational<BR>&gt; portal to give free, global
access to the vast amount of case histories,<BR>&gt; maps, and other scientific
information from "World Resources 2000-2001."<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; EarthTrends will
make key information accessible and useful to those who<BR>&gt; influence
environmental policy - in governments, in international<BR>&gt; organizations,
in academia, in corporations, and in think tanks and other<BR>&gt; civil society
organizations.&nbsp; EarthTrends will also be available to<BR>&gt; educators,
students, and the public at large to fill their information<BR>needs<BR>&gt; and
satisfy their curiosity.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Features on this portal will include a
section on environmental conditions<BR>&gt; and trends:&nbsp; 1) overviews and
short pieces for users who want<BR>interpretative<BR>&gt; assistance to
accompany their data analysis;&nbsp; 2) more detailed<BR>&gt; interpretation of
select trends and data sets.&nbsp; EarthTrends will be an<BR>&gt; ongoing
component of WRI's website and will continue far beyond the<BR>&gt;
broadcast.&nbsp; Earthtrends.wri.org will debut on June 12.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; We
believe this broadcast is a great opportunity for all of us who are<BR>&gt;
concerned about the rapidly deteriorating global environment to help<BR>&gt;
reinvigorate a national recommitment to these issues.&nbsp; That is why I
am<BR>&gt; seeking your assistance.&nbsp; Specifically, I would like you
to&nbsp; consider<BR>&gt; distributing some information about the broadcast to
your members and<BR>&gt; friends, through your newsletters, listserves, and on
your websites.&nbsp; I<BR>&gt; would be delighted to talk with you in more
detail about this.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Sincerely,<BR>&gt; Rich
Barnett<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
*****************************************************<BR>&gt; Rich
Barnett<BR>&gt; Director of Strategic Marketing and Outreach<BR>&gt; World
Resources Report<BR>&gt; World Resources Institute<BR>&gt; 10 G Street,
NE<BR>&gt; Washington, DC 20002<BR>&gt; Phone 202.729.7647<BR>&gt; Fax
202.729.7775<BR>&gt; <A href="mailto:richb@wri.org">richb@wri.org</A><BR>&gt;
Visit us online at <A href="http://www.wri.org">www.wri.org</A><BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>&gt;
To reply privately to robert olson,&nbsp; create a new message<BR>&gt; and
address it to <A
href="mailto:Robert.Olson@uwsp.edu">Robert.Olson@uwsp.edu</A>.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
To share your reply with the EEAW's Washington State EE Listservice
group,<BR>&gt; reply to this message.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; To send a message to the
EEAW's Washington State EE Listservice group on a<BR>&gt; new topic,<BR>&gt;
create a new message addressed to <A
href="mailto:eeaw@mail.edgateway.net">eeaw@mail.edgateway.net</A> <BR>&gt; This
is the EdGateway email address for EEAW's Washington State EE<BR>&gt;
Listservice.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; To remove yourself from this group, reply to this
message with the word<BR>&gt; unsubscribe<BR>&gt; placed in the SUBJECT LINE of
the email address.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>
<BR>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Please note this email is considered a public document, subject to disclosure.</FONT></I></P>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0E926.EE9587E0--

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=