E-M:/ OSHA and Benzene

Enviro-Mich message from "Pam Ortner" <ortpam@mediaone.net>

Please see attached flyer.  I will be traveling to Sarnia to meet at an
occupational health clinic for a presentation on Benzene.  There was a
recent large spill of Benzene at the plant there, and the managers have
threatened workers not to talk about what happened, not even to the
occupational health clinic.  Workers are fearful of the effects of Benzene
and afraid of losing their jobs.  They are in contract negotiations with
plant and are getting ready to strike.
Dr. Peter Infante is with OSHA.
At the presentation will be workers, members of a breast cancer coaltion,
occupational health nurses, industrial hygienists and docs.

If you are interested in hearing the presentation, I can drive several folks
with me; Al Cholger with P.A.C.E. International is planning on attending and
could drive as well.  We could meet at SEMCOSH if you like.

If you are interested in a ride, please respond.

Pam