E-M:/ Re: more crap from MDEQ

Enviro-Mich message from RobC313@aol.com

Hello Diane,

Thank you for keeping us abreast of this unfortunate decision by the MDEQ. In
your message below you say that this was despite "(Y)our strong objection."
For the record could you post to this and the EM listserve a copy of your
letter of opposition showing your reasons and resolve toward making this
process more than just another MDEQ rubber stamp approval of what will
certainly be a major new source of additional toxins in the already polution
and economically burdened SW Detroit-Delray Community.

Also, As a community based group HEAT is concerned with the environmental
health and Environmental Justice issues of the local community.  In an
earlier meeting you had said that the Delray United Action Council was the
group that had originally brought you aboard yet I have never met anybody
claiming to be part of that group. Could you please arrange a meeting so that
I could meet with them in time to get the local perspective on weather or not
they are aware of the problems involved with this proposal. As a grass roots
activist I feel that local participation is very important.

And finally, as the last meeting that I attended (May 24) was poorly attended
and less than productive could you please provide and commit to an agenda for
your proposed June 13th meeting and can you assure me that someone local from
the  Delray United Action Council will be in attendance?  The only contact
number I had for that group was the community organizer hired by Minergy and
she does not return my calls.

Thank You
Rob Cedar
HEAT- Human Environmental Action Team
AKA
Hamtramck Environmental Action Team

In a message dated 6/8/01 10:43:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,