Re: E-M:/ Toronto Task Force Proposes 100% Diversion of Trash by 2010

Enviro-Mich message from "Jeff Surfus" <jeffsurfus@mediaone.net>

There doesn't appear to be anything new in this most recent press release
from the City of Toronto.  They continue to tout "100% by 2010" while at
the same time cutting recycling funding.  It all sounds nice on a piece of
paper, but the devil is in the details.

Meanwhile, according to a recent report by the Michigan Recycling Council,
Michigan continues to lag behind many other states in our recycling
efforts.  It kind of makes it hard for us to criticize Toronto, doesn't
it?

It's time to expand the bottle bill to include sports drink and water
bottles (especially now that Perrier is apparently a Michigan company) and
keep the cans and bottles from being disposed in our landfills because
it's in out-of-state trash.

Jeff Surfus
NO WASTE
Clean Water Action