Re: E-M:/ grand haven says "no" to great lakes oil and gas drilling

To Engler, Posthumus, Harding, Stihl, the so-called
environmental science board, Dick Chaney and the
goons at Michigan Oil and Gas Association, et al.... on the issue
of slant drilling on Great Lakes shorelines and the
collective chant of "it can't happen here,"  I have
a two word response on the matter of oil/gas well
accidents..... and their potential to effect the lakes
from shoreline slant drilling.

REMEMBER WILLIAMSBURG!!

Seasoned environmental veterans will remember this gas well
disaster at a little town east of Traverse City in the 70s. [didn't
see any mention of this incident in the index of Dave Dempsey's new
book...haven't yet been able to read it cover to cover yet].

More power to Senator Debbie Stabenow and her efforts
to curtail great lakes drilling at the federal level....

At 12:10 PM 06/19/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Dave Dempsey" <davemec@voyager.net>
>
>Grand Haven City Council stood firm Monday night and quietly thumbed its
>collective nose at a threat to cut the city off from a state fund.
>
>http://www.grandhaventribune.com/cgi-bin/liveique.acgi$rec=7410?news
>
>Dave Dempsey
>Michigan Environmental Council
>119 Pere Marquette, Suite 2A
>Lansing, MI  48912
>517-487-9539 (phone)
>517-487-9541 (fax)
>http://www.mecprotects.org

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)