E-M:/ Fwd: FW: Public Involvement in EPA Decisions (fwd)

Enviro-Mich message from Ishgooda <ishgooda@voyager.net>

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:39:04 -0500 (CDT)
From: Steve Russell
To: <marthature@earthlink.net>
Subject: FW: Public Involvement in EPA Decisions (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------

===== Original Message from Dana Brown <dlbrown@COJ.NET> at 6/14/01 1:13 pm
Original Recipient(s):
To: ENVIRON-ABA <ENVIRON-ABA@MAIL.ABANET.ORG>

Message below is from Pat Bonner, Environmental Protection Agency. If
you have questions, please contact Pat.

I hope that this invitation to participate in an upcoming event, a 10-day
National Dialogue on Public Involvement in EPA Decision Making, will
interest you.  Please share this invitation with your colleagues and
networks.   A notice for newsletters and listservs follows in case you
can assist EPA to publicize this July 10 - 20 event.

Public Involvement in EPA Decisions

A National Dialogue Via the Internet

Convened by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Hosted by Information Renaissance

http://www.network-democracy.org/epa-pip

July 10 - July 20, 2001

You are invited to participate in an online public discussion with
EPA and panels of experts on improving public involvement in EPA
decision-making. Please join a broad cross-section of individuals who
will share their thoughts and ideas on this important topic with each
other and with the Agency.

Over the course of 10 days (including a Saturday), the participants
will discuss specific topics drawn from EPA's newly drafted Public
Involvement Policy. EPA is now seeking your thoughts and ideas on how
it should implement this policy. Because this will be a web-based
discussion, you can select the topics that interest you and
participate at your convenience.

A revolving panel of experts will discuss the main aspects of the
draft Public Involvement Policy with each other and with
approximately 500 participants. Among the topics that we will
discuss are the following:

* Identifying and involving the public, including those hardest to
reach;
* Providing information to the public;
* Creating effective public involvement opportunities during
rulemaking and permitting; and
* Encouraging collaborative procsses

The Dialogue is an excellent opportunity for citizens,
representatives of industry, environmental groups, small businesses,
states, local governments, tribes, and other groups to learn more
about the draft Policy and to share their thoughts and concerns with
EPA.

To learn more about the Dialogue and to register to participate visit
the Dialogue Web site at:
           http://www.network-democracy.org/epa-pip

For more information: Send e-mail to Patricia Bonner at U.S. EPA:
bonner.patricia@epa.gov. or Information Renaissance:
epa@network-democracy.org or call 888.638.5323.

Newsletter/list serv notice
Public Involvement in EPA Decisions
A National Dialogue Via the Internet

 From July 10 - July 20, 2001 EPA is convening an online public discussion
on improving public involvement in EPA decision-making. The Dialogue will
be based on the EPA's newly drafted Public Involvement Policy.  Join
interested citizens, representatives of industry, environmental groups,
small businesses, states, local governments, tribes, and other groups to
learn more about the draft policy and to share your thoughts and concerns
regarding how EPA should implement this policy.

To learn more about the Dialogue and to register to participate visit
the Dialogue Web site at: http://www.network-democracy.org/epa-pip

For more information: Send e-mail to Patricia Bonner at U.S. EPA:
bonner.patricia@epa.gov, or Information Renaissance:
epa@network-democracy.org or call 888.638.5323.

*  of the message:  SIGNOFF EXPRESS-L                          *
*                                                              *
*  If you have QUESTIONS regarding CONTENT on this mailing     *
*  list please contact pat.wood@gsa.gov                        *
*                                                              *
*  If you have QUESTIONS regarding OPERATION of this mailing   *
*  list please contact chris@listserv.gsa.gov                  *
*                                                              *
===== Comments by EValdivia@trla.org ("Enrique Valdivia (SAT)") at 6/19/01
1:43 pm

<<<<=-=-= Tsonkwadiyonrat (We are ONE Spirit) =-=-=>>>>
The preceding message has been
distributed courtesty of Native News Online.
A Barefoot Connection
http://nativenewsonline.org
CERTAIN COUNCIL
http://www.certain-natl.org/
"You might as well ask why we go on breathing.  If we stop breathing we
will die, if we stop fighting our enemies the world will die."  Victor
Lazlo from Casablanca
       <<<<=-=-=FREE LEONARD PELTIER!!!=-=->>>>