Re: E-M:/ NWF legislative alert

Enviro-Mich message from "Pete Pasterz" <ppasterz@pplant.msu.edu>

I didn't see Lisa's e-mail to cc on this....but what is the support from NWF's Michigan affiliate, MUCC, on this?    I wonder if part of the reason there are seemingly fewer organizations [proportionate to surrounding states] supporting in MI due to many wildlife/conservation groups being subsumed within the support of their "parent" organization,  MUCC ?

Also, what are the positions of other major conservation/environmental organizations in the state on this??

>>> "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com> 07/17/01 01:08PM >>>

Hello Alex:

I would appreciate it very much if you could please post this TODAY to
enviro-mich, the statewide enviro e-mail listserve, for me.  Thanks so much!

--Lisa Yee-Litzenberg, National Wildlife Federation
Hello Enviro-Mich folks:

The Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA)/ H.R. 701 needs your
support.  Please sign your organization onto a letter to Congress in
support of CARA TODAY.  Michigan group sign-ons are especially
needed.  Currently only 5 groups in Michigan have signed on!

http://www.nwf.org/naturefunding/signonletter.html

Compare this to Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio each have 75 or more
groups signed on in support of CARA.  Nationally, we have over 3000
businesses and organizations on board.  The letter is going to the printer
tomorrow so please go to the website TODAY to sign your organization on.

WITH YOUR SUPPORT AND IF CARA/ HR 701 PASSES, MICHIGAN STANDS TO GAIN OVER
$57 MILLION EACH YEAR THROUGH 2015 FOR WILDLIFE AND CONSERVATION!

THANK YOU!

--Lisa Yee-Litzenberg, National Wildlife Federation

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=