Re: E-M:/ NWF legislative alert

Enviro-Mich message from "Katie Mogelgaard" <Mogelgaard@nwf.org>

Hello Enviro-Mich folks:

The webpage for the CARA signon letter was down earlier this afternoon.  The page is up and running again, so please do go to the webpage to sign your group onto the CARA letter TODAY.  Thank you!

http://www.nwf.org/naturefunding/signonletter.html

or you can send sign on requests to:  applegate@nwf.org
Also, in repsonse to Pete's inquiry about whether NWF's Michigan affiliate supports CARA, the "Conservation and Reinvestment Act," Michigan United Conservation Clubs is very supportive.  They have participated in NWF's CARA lobby days in Washington, D.C. and have met locally with Michigan members of Congress to urge their support for CARA.

While it is true that MUCC is a very large conservation organization, there certainly are many other Michigan environmental groups that are not part of MUCC.  Let's show them that we in Michigan care about conservation and that we want more funding for wildlife and wild places.  Also, the signon letter includes many non-traditional conservation organizations from other states to show the diversity of support for conservation funding.
--Lisa Yee-Litzenberg, National Wildlife Federation
yee@nwf.org

>>> "Pete Pasterz" <ppasterz@pplant.msu.edu> 07/17/01 01:35PM >>>
Enviro-Mich message from "Pete Pasterz" <ppasterz@pplant.msu.edu>

I didn't see Lisa's e-mail to cc on this....but what is the support from NWF's Michigan affiliate, MUCC, on this?    I wonder if part of the reason there are seemingly fewer organizations [proportionate to surrounding states] supporting in MI due to many wildlife/conservation groups being subsumed within the support of their "parent" organization,  MUCC ?

Also, what are the positions of other major conservation/environmental organizations in the state on this??

>>> "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <ajs@sagady.com> 07/17/01 01:08PM >>>

Hello Alex:

I would appreciate it very much if you could please post this TODAY to
enviro-mich, the statewide enviro e-mail listserve, for me.  Thanks so much!

--Lisa Yee-Litzenberg, National Wildlife Federation
Hello Enviro-Mich folks:

The Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA)/ H.R. 701 needs your
support.  Please sign your organization onto a letter to Congress in
support of CARA TODAY.  Michigan group sign-ons are especially
needed.  Currently only 5 groups in Michigan have signed on!

http://www.nwf.org/naturefunding/signonletter.html

Compare this to Wisconsin, Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio each have 75 or more
groups signed on in support of CARA.  Nationally, we have over 3000
businesses and organizations on board.  The letter is going to the printer
tomorrow so please go to the website TODAY to sign your organization on.

WITH YOUR SUPPORT AND IF CARA/ HR 701 PASSES, MICHIGAN STANDS TO GAIN OVER
$57 MILLION EACH YEAR THROUGH 2015 FOR WILDLIFE AND CONSERVATION!

THANK YOU!

--Lisa Yee-Litzenberg, National Wildlife Federation

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=