Re: E-M:/ Another contaminated Detroit school site

Enviro-Mich message from "Grant Trigger" <GTrigger@honigman.com>

Dr, Burnley is a fine man and excellent school administrator - it is unfair to take a shot at him when all you have to go on is a newspaper report.  I can assure you if there is evidence of the kids being exposed (and I may add its likely they have greater risk in their own homes) he will do the right thing.  The lead issue is much greater than just a new proposed school site in any event.

>>> "David Zaber" <dzaber@chorus.net> 07/22/01 10:59AM >>>
It is hard to believe that a school official like Burnley would be so ignorant of the effects of lead.  If there were lead in school grounds at 30 times normal levels, I would IMMEDIATELY have all students currently attending tested for lead poisoning (venous, not capillary).

One must wonder whether lead poisoning can explaing the actions of Republican politicians in Michigan.  After all, it does cause brain damage.......
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pam Ortner
  To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
  Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 6:37 PM
  Subject: Re: E-M:/ Another contaminated Detroit school site

  Enviro-Mich message from "Pam Ortner" <ortpam@mediaone.net>

  Burnley has an incredible lack of knowledge of the impact of lead on the
  cognitive functioning of children already at high risk for lead poisoning
  from their home and community environments, especially those children who
  are at the developmental stage under six years of age.  shame on him.

  Pam Ortner, R.N.

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=