E-M:/ How to shop to stop sprawl

Enviro-Mich message from Anne Heise <aheise@orchard.wccnet.org>

Fellow environmentalists:

Your can help stop sprawl in Michigan the next time your go shopping.

How?  By participating in the "Shopping for the Earth" program.  At least
5% of the money you spend at any of our 10 retail partners (list below)
will be donated to the Huron Valley Group (HVG) of the Sierra Club.

HVG's #1 priority is stopping sprawl.  We've contributed thousands of
dollars to anti-sprawl projects over the past three years.  Every dollar
you spend through our "Shopping for the Earth" program will enable HVG to
give even more money to future efforts to stop sprawl.

You can contribute hundreds of dollars every year to the fight against
sprawl.  But it won't cost you anything, because the contributions will
come from the stores where you shop - not out of your pocket.  And you
don't have to change where you shop or what you buy.

Anyone can use "Shopping for the Earth." All you have to do is mail in the
order form below with your check. I'll send you certificates that you can
spend in the corresponding stores anywhere in the USA just like cash.  If
you're not completely satisfied, just return the unused certificates for a
refund.  For more information, contact me by email at mssklar@home.com or
by phone at (248) 542-1789.

- Mike Sklar, Sierra Club/Huron Valley Group Co-Chair

****************************
"What a great idea!  Local grassroots action to preserve nature is what the
Sierra Club is all about." - Carl Pope, Sierra Club Executive Director

"I haven't changed what I buy or where I shop. But now we're contributing
over $200 each year to help make our community a better place to live.
It's easy, and it doesn't cost us a penny." - Gwen Nystuen
****************************

"Shopping for the Earth" Order Form

Please indicate the number of gift certificates of each denomination you
want for each store in the table below, and list the total value of your
order ($500 maximum) here:  $ ______ .  Please be sure to enclose your
check, made payable to "Huron Valley Group - Sierra Club."

Kroger                             ____ @ $10   _____ @ $20   _____ @ $50
Whole Foods                  ____ @ $10   _____ @ $20
Farmer Jack                   ____ @ $10   _____ @ $20   _____ @ $50
Hiller's (New!)                 ____ @ $10   _____ @ $20   _____ @ $50