E-M:/ Land Use Meeting in Ann Arbor

Enviro-Mich message from "Chris Kolb" <ckolb@house.state.mi.us>

Please feel free to come to this important meeting and pass this message along to anyone and everyone who might be interested in this meeting.  Thanks, Chris Kolb

A new Democratic Task Force on Land Use, co-chaired by Representatives Chris Kolb (D-Ann Arbor) and Pat Lockwood (D-Fenton) will kick off a series of public hearing on land use issues Wednesday.

"These meetings will work to address how we can control urban sprawl, preserve farmland and open spaces, implement smart growth techniques, and develop the necessary tools and resources needed to address the critical land use issues facing our communities," said Kolb

The first meeting will be held at the

Morris Lawrence Building
Washtenaw Community College
Wednesday, August 8th
7:00 - 8:30 p.m.

The general agenda for this hearing includes
1.  Introductions from the Task Force
2.  Presentations from Conan Smith of the Michigan Environmental Council and Dennis Fox of the Michigan United Conservation Clubs.
3.  Question and Answer time for the audience
4.  An opportunity to interact with the Task Force and suggest policy changes.

For more information contact Representative Kolb's office at (517) 373-2577
or visit his website at http://www.housedems.com/kolb/d53.htm

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ=