From: William Tobler [mailto:WilliamTobler@CrittersWoods.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 10:08 PM
To: Enviro-Mich (E-mail)
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Fwd: DEQ- State Gives OK to Perrier for Water Supply
Wells

Enviro-Mich message from "William Tobler" <WilliamTobler@CrittersWoods.org>

It doesn't matter what the MDEQ analysis shows or doesn't show.  If and when
the aquifers fall and residential wells go dry, then they will call it "an
unexplained regional aquifer depression", and say that there is nothing they
can do.  They might blame it on the winter of 1939 when there wasn't much
snowfall.  Their legislators will call it an "Act of God".  Then they will
go home to where THEY have drinking water.  The local citizens will be
reduced to trucking water in to holding tanks, and then the MDEQ will come
back and tell them "We can't allow this.  This is unhealthy.  We must
protect the citizens by not allowing them to have ANY water."

The Story of Monroe County, Michigan