Re: E-M:/ Fwd: DEQ- State Gives OK to Perrier for Water Supply Wells

If the citizens around the Perrier proposed well site
have a credible and defensible hydrological study that
states that draw down will adversely affect area wells, then
they may have a cause of action under MEPA provisions
of NREPA.

At 10:07 PM 8/15/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "William Tobler" <WilliamTobler@CrittersWoods.org>
>
>It doesn't matter what the MDEQ analysis shows or doesn't show.  If and when
>the aquifers fall and residential wells go dry, then they will call it "an
>unexplained regional aquifer depression", and say that there is nothing they
>can do.  They might blame it on the winter of 1939 when there wasn't much
>snowfall.  Their legislators will call it an "Act of God".  Then they will
>go home to where THEY have drinking water.  The local citizens will be
>reduced to trucking water in to holding tanks, and then the MDEQ will come
>back and tell them "We can't allow this.  This is unhealthy.  We must
>protect the citizens by not allowing them to have ANY water."
>
>The Story of Monroe County, Michigan

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)