Re: E-M:/ MPSC approves Consumers Renewable Energy Program

Enviro-Mich message from KWinch5940@aol.com

Hi all,

I met recently with Mr. Rich Vander Veen of Bay Windpower - it's his company
that is building the wind turbines (that will be at Mackinaw City) to supply
the wind power to Consumers Energy.

Enrollment officially starts Oct 1 ... Consumers has put (for now) a 'cap' on
how much will be available .. so, it's a first-come, first-served kind of
deal.

Three options if you're interested :

100% green power    0.03 cents/ KWh (est. $15/ month for residential user)
50%            0.016 cents / KWh
10%            0.0032 cents / KWh    (Kilowatt hour)

Mr. Vander Veen is trying to set up a system that allows you to express your
interest (sort of an early sign up) even *before*  Oct. 1.   I'm not sure of
the best contact number for you to use to obtain the early sign up sheet ...
perhaps I can check and get back to this list.

Kim Winchell
Michigan Interfaith Global Warming Campaign