E-M:/ And now for something completely different...

Sometimes you just run into something completely
different...amazingly, someone from New York had to
to tell me about the Raison News.   This is a
satirical web-newspaper obviously written by someone
with far too much spare time on their hands in Dundee, MI.

Frequent targets of the Raison News barbs are local
landuses near Dundee, environmental control at
the Holnam Dundee Cement plant, Cabelas, a future
Dundee strip club called "Melons,"
and the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.  To
understand the Raison News it helps to have taken a drive
down US 23 past the small town of Dundee and to see first hand what happens
when small towns have developments like Cabelas.

I have to emphasize that the Raison News is a spoof, but
I find it funny stuff because of some of the elements of
truth contained in the satire....

My favorites are:

http://www.raisinnews.com/     most recent issue
http://www.raisinnews.com/102600.htm
http://www.raisinnews.com/110900.htm
http://www.raisinnews.com/092100.htm

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)