E-M:/ Off road vehicle emission question

Enviro-Mich message from "Karen D. Kendrick-Hands" <kdkhands@voyager.net>

One of my air quality colleagues has asked me for help find answers to the
following questions.
Snow mobiling and Off roading create significant air pollution impacts in
Michigan, and I am hoping for the right lurker from EPA's office of mobile
sources. I suppose the dreaded Jet ski would be relevant too. . . . . .

  please reply directly to
ted.conwell@sierraclub.org

  and cc me as well.  Please do not reply to the whole list.

thanks in advance.

I need some quick and dirty figures (or whatever) for meeting tomorrow, 3
pm EST,  regarding the above:
1. Figures showing how the increased fuel efficiency of a four-stroke snow
mobile (or any ORV) will offset the increased cost of the machine
(increased cost due to machine using four stroke instead of two stroke
engine ) to consumer; and
2. The cost per ton of pollution prevention of this proposed rule will be
low compared to that of other CAA rules. These figures have to be
extrapolated, I assume, as I don't think anyone has done this study.

Karen D. Kendrick-Hands
President
Transportation Riders United
1067 Devonshire Road
Grosse Pointe Park, MI   48230
313.885.7588
fax 313.885.7883

If you don't ask the right questions, you will never get to the right
answers . . . . .

Join TRU today. Check out our NEW webpage at http://www.detroittransit.com